Friday, May 25, 2012

ELMO!!!

My sweet little nephew is getting ready to turn 16...wait....what??? 16??? How is he 16 already?? When did this happen??
OMG he might not want a fun cake from his Auntie?? What am I to do??

So I calmly asked him a few weeks before this big event "So what kind of cake do I get to make for your birthday?" I was totally expecting him to ask for just a simple cake or none at all...his response.....An ELMO cake Aunt Lissa!!!

Woo Hooo!!! I got to make ELMO!! Sooo stinkin fun and sooo cute!! Love how he turned out!
He started as a 3-D bear shaped cake...then I attacked it with a knife, spent an hour or so deep into the giant bowl of bright red frosting and VIOLA!! ELMO!!!

He loved it! It was a devils food chocolate cake with buttercream frosting!! And he was oh so yummy!!






No comments: